Since 2016 Career Ready, with the support of the Careers and Enterprise Company, has delivered its Employability for All programme to over 15,000 young people across South Essex.
With the support of Make Happen, Career Ready is extending Employability for All to young people across selected areas of Essex who fall within the NCOP criteria. Ensuring that more young people have the skills, knowledge, and confidence to progress into higher education or other positive career destinations.
What is the Employability for All programme?
- Masterclasses: A series of sequential employability masterclasses delivered by employer volunteers which offer students the information, knowledge and skills to help them make the right choices for them around their future career path.
- Workplace visits and enterprise activities: Career Ready works in partnership with a range of employers to offer workplace visits and enterprise activities.
- Assemblies/tutorials: A series of 15 minute sessions which fit within existing assembly or tutorial slots for Years 9 – 13, offering a programme of information on careers, apprenticeships & progression for all students. These will be delivered by your Career Ready Regional Manager or a member of your teaching staff who has been trained by Career Ready
- Where the jobs are posters: Designed to give students a clear understanding of the labour market in their local area.
"Hearing from an employer gave me more of an idea about what it feels like to succeed. I’ve learned to be myself, and try hard to do what I want to do. I now want to further my education and go to university, to gain more knowledge and experience."
- Richard Agyapong, Palmers College
The difference Employability for All makes:
- Our programme offers a comprehensive, impactful series of employer led interventions for students across your school which meet the Gatsby Good Careers Guidance benchmarks.
- Career Ready will work with your Enterprise Coordinator and School Coordinator to ensure our programme is embedded seamlessly into your existing careers guidance strategy, supporting and building on the work you already do to provide diverse activities for your students.
- Our programme enables you to track the progress of your students through our Skills Identifier so you can see for yourself the impact it is having on the individuals.
To find out more about Career Ready and the impact it has on the lives of young people, visit www.careerready.org.uk
What People Say
"The programme helped me achieve a lot and I can clearly see me improving in terms of my attitude and dedication."